Hi there - I'm an editor, reporter & adjunct professor
I currently serve as the Los Angeles-based Culture & Trends editor at NBC News Digital. I also teach at USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism. Let's connect.
Editing/Managing: At NBC, I launched and now lead the Culture & Trends team. Previously, I served as a news editor on CNN's national desk, and as an assignment editor at HuffPost.
Reporting: I have a background in covering entertainment (at the Los Angeles Times), internet culture (at Mashable) and politics (at CNN and HuffPost).
Teaching: I'm an adjunct professor at USC, where I teach journalism. Every summer, I also teach at the California Scholastic Press Association's annual high school journalism workshop.
Writing: In my free time, I am working on a draft of my YA novel. Becoming a published book author is one of my lifelong dreams.
About Me (TLDR version)
- Born and raised in Los Angeles.
- Graduate of Boston University.
- Dog mom.
- Fluent in Farsi, and AP Style.
- My journalism roots date back to “The Saba Times,” a paper I wrote at age eight using markers and printer paper. “Bun Bun the pet rabbit runs away” made A1.
- I love pop culture, travel and the great state of California.
- I am a rom-com and ABBA enthusiast.
- I'm often mindlessly scrolling through TikTok, or attempting to "unplug" and read a good book.
- I'm old school in that I still love browsing through bookstores to pick up physical copies of books, and seeing movies on the big screen.
“And I believe that good journalism ... can make our world a better place.”